For the 2020/2021 Academic Session, applications are invited from adequately qualified applicants for admission to the following recently approved Department in the School of Health and Health Technology.
REGISTRATION FOR MBBS POST UTME SCREENING: MATTERS ARISING
It has been brought to our attention that candidates who wish to register in order to be eligible to participate in the newly launched MBBS PROGRAMME’s post-UTME screening have been unable to do so. The following facts should be remembered by the general public:
The University has done everything possible to ensure a smooth registration procedure– FUTA has no influence over the process of changing universities or courses. FUTA does not collect fees for changing colleges or courses because it is an exclusive duty of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board is in charge of that process. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is in the process of allowing the required protocols on their portal, which will allow interested applicants to make the necessary revisions to enable them register for the MBBS PROGRAMME Post-UTME screening.
- Therefore FUTA has not collected and cannot collect any fee for post-UTME Screening from candidates who have not effected the necessary changes on JAMB Portal
- The necessary units and officials of FUTA are in constant touch with officials of JAMB who have given strong assurances that the glitches will be sorted out in due course and there will be sufficient time for interested candidates to register for the screening.
- Candidates and their parents / sponsors are STRONGLY advised not to fall victims to antics of fraudsters who may want to take advantage of the situation to scam them .
Five SSCE credits passes or its equivalent at ONE sitting in the following subjects: English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Candidates who scored a minimum of 180 marks in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are eligible irrespective of their most preferred choice institution.
How to Apply for FUTA Medicine and Surgery Admission Form
Note: Registration on the school portal has now been suspended till further notice
Candidates are required to:
- change their institutions of choice to FUTA (if they have not done so)
- ensure eligibility for Post-UTME by:
- checking the University’s website (www.futa.edu.ng) for the admission requirements and mode of payment for the application;
- completing and submitting the University Post-UTME Application Form online; and
- printing out a copy of the Form.
The date for the conduct of the Post-UTME screening will be communicated to candidates through extant channels of communication of the University in due course.
CLOSING DATE: The closing date for payment, completion and submission of the application form online is Monday, 17th May, 2021.
R. A. Arifalo